MS PowerPoint Presentations
Microsoft PowerPoint is a very useful software for creating high quality presentations. It is caused by the fact that it has a wide range of powerful and useful options to work with. For example, there are many animation options, clips, fonts and colors, tools for creating graphs, charts, etc. available for its users. However, regardless of numerous advantages, it is extremely easy to turn your presentation into failure, if you do not know how to use the tools correctly. Our guide will help you improve your knowledge on PowerPoint Presentations creation.
The following tips will ensure effectiveness of your presentation.
Keep It Simple
- Make sure to follow a simple rule: one slide is one point. If you need to provide more points, use more slides.
- Each slide should contain only relevant and the most important points. As a result, lots of text is not a good idea.
- Concentrate only on those elements, which add value to your work and support your main idea. Avoid using secondary information. Use graphs, tables, and charts to add clarity to what you are saying. Make sure they contain only useful information, as well; otherwise, they will only distract the audience.
- Pay close attention to the slides design.
- If you are supposed to make a casual-style presentation, you are free to choose among a great variety of fonts and colors. Moreover, you can also use an asymmetric structure. On the contrary, if you have to provide more formal presentation, keep to the standard structure and fonts.
- Make sure your presentation contains an opening part, main body (central part) and strong conclusion.
Some individuals find it easier to start their presentation from the last slide. It is easier for them to reach the goal, if it is formulated. After that, create the main body of presentation, which will support and lead to the final outcomes.
How to Make a Great Presentation?
Step 1: Brainstorming
- Who is your target audience?
- What do they know about the subject you are going to present?
- What is you main message?
- What is the location of your presentation? What specific conditions will you likely to have?
Step 2: Design of Slides
- One slide – one point.
- Logical presentation of slides, where each following slide supports the previous one.
- Limit the amount of text on each slide to six lines.
- Use color to create an appropriate mood.
- Make sure you do not use more than five colors during presentation not to distract the audience.
- Avoid using only capital letters. Combine lower and upper case to make your presentation more appealing.
- Visual elements will contribute to understanding of the main topic sufficiently (in case you use any external materials protected by copy rights, ask for permission to do it).
Step 3: Proper Color Schemes
- Navy (dark blue) color expresses stability and creates the feeling of calmness and comfort.
- The other color that makes people feel comfort is green.
- If your task is to generate emotions or the feeling of excitement among the public, use orange or red.
- Yellow color helps attract attention of the audience quickly.
- White color tends to create the atmosphere of honesty and sincerity.
- At the same time, black is not very appealing to people and should be avoided.
- If you want to make stress on quality, grey color is what you need.
Depending on your purpose, you can use combination of colors. For example, dark background and light foreground will help attract necessary attention of the public. Such technique will make the audience focus on the bright nearer objects.